Intercessors for Australia (coordinated by Noel & Barbara Bell) have kindly provided a report on their Sydney Research (Second Draft – May, 1990).
Please feel free to read and use this spiritual mapping of Sydney – the earliest foundations of the nation of Australia. You have the permission to print it and distribute it without charge to your network, provided you retain acknowledgement of the source: freely received freely given.
The chapters of the report are available separately via the links below (note: these are PDF files, most of them large).
- 0 – Cover, Contents, Preface, Introduction & Postscript by Noel & Barbara Bell (230Kb file).
- 1 – Aboriginal Background by Elaine Ayers (790K file) – a good summary of the (tragic) history of Sydney Aboriginals and some details of general Aboriginal culture and beliefs.
- 2 – Influence of Early Settlers by Audrey Brown (500K file), which gives insights into the governance of the early colony in Sydney.
- 3 – Early Church History by Michael & Joy Morgan, and Noel Bell of Intercessors for Australia (1.4M file); worth reading if you want to understand some of the history of the Church here in Sydney and the difficulties and opposition they encountered – much of the current apathy to the Church has deep roots.
- 4 – Business World by Jill Henderson (500K file), which describes the economic climate, persons and foundations of the early colony in Sydney.
- 5 – Freemasonry written by Shiela Bowden (470K file). Shiela provides an insight into the Masonic roots of Sydney and many of its founders.
- 6 – Sex, Alcohol & Gambling written by Norma Buckingham, and Michael & Joy Morgan (460K file). “Difficult to separate ‘sex, alcohol and gambling’. So treated as one subject…”
- 7 – Woolloomooloo Area written by Denise Burden (100K file), noting the rise and fall of fortunes (and morals) of landholders in Woolloomooloo during the early days of the colony.
- 8 – Sydney Crime History (450Kb file) has been documented by Sheila Miller – she describes the early history of crime and corruption in the colony, the Rum Corps, the shift from reforming convicts to using them, and the history of the NSW Police.
- 9 – The Occult & New Age written by Michael & Joy Morgan (1.2M file) – witchcraft and the New Age movements, and their roots in Sydney.