Trade, Finance, Business, Investments
Lord Jesus let your light shine
Into the corridors of power in all the business and investment companies,
Through the closed doors of boardrooms and share-holder meetings
And into the cosy corners of power lunches and board meetings.
Lord Jesus let your light shine
Between the lines of companies’ policies, between all deals, business projects, money investments
Into the heart and motive behind multi-national and international deals and decisions
Into the heart of economic and financial decision makers and making.
Lord Jesus let your light shine
Into the heart of workers, into the heart of trade people
Revealing the worth of each worker,
Illuminating the benefits of your good practice,
Shining the pathway to righteous decisions
And prospering all who follow its narrow, and life-giving wisdom.
For executives within companies
Lead all executives to you,
Pour out your beauty, grace and love into their hearts.
Pour out your wisdom and godly manners into their minds and hearts
Let them know they are worthy and loved by your son Jesus and because of His blood they are alive.
Let them use their wisdom, intelligence, finance to glorify you and acknowledge that you are own everything.
Let them know your graciousness, your mercy, your forgiveness, your kindness, your compassion, your love, your gentleness and your honesty.
Let them know everything that comes from you is free and requires no payment
That this is your heart for them, and every one in their supply chain
Tax leaders, collectors, payers
Spirit of truth and conviction, come. Soften, challenge and speak to the hearts of all who don’t pay tax where it is due
We pray for the taxation office and everyone working there. Let your light shines among them .
Bring justice in this area Lord and convict those who are robbing the poor to increase their riches, challenge and change them to honour what is right, and to protect the needs of the needy and the vulnerable.
Soften, challenge and speak to the hearts of all who believe the lies of loopholes, to fulfil the law justly
Challenge and change them to honour what is right, and to protect the needs of the vulnerable.
For ourselves as consumers
Thank you Lord for the food we eat;
Thank you Lord for the work we have to feed our families,
Thank you Lord for the clothes we wear, for the house where we live, for everything we own and all the decision and choices we make. Grant us your wisdom, knowledge and understanding to continue this mission committing our business daily for your glory.
Lord we commit to you everything we own, we have, and we declare that you own everything but we are caretakers of all these things.
We pray Lord for export and import companies and goods and all methods of payment and transitions
Let your hands Lord be on all forms of trade finance can include Documentary Collection, Trade Credit Insurance, Finetrading, Factoring or forfaiting. Some forms are specifically designed to supplement traditional financing.
- Popular methods of payment used in international trade include: Let your holy hands Lord be everywhere and in all things that people have dealt with
- Cash with order(CWO)-the buyers pay cash when he places an order
- Cash on delivery(COD)-the buyer pays cash when the goods are delivered
- Documentary credit(L/C)-a Letter of credit (L/C) is used; gives the seller two guarantees that the payment will be made by the buyer: one guarantee from the buyer’s bank and another from the seller’s bank.
- Bills for collection(B/E or D/C) -here a Bill of Exchange (B/E)is used; or documentary collection (D/C) is a transaction whereby the exporter entrusts the collection of the payment for a sale to its bank (remitting bank), which sends the documents that its buyer needs to the importer’s bank (collecting bank), with instructions to release the documents to the buyer for payment.
- Open account-this method can be used by business partners who trust each other;the two partners need to have their accounts with the banks that are correspondent banks.
- Methods of payment: Cash in Advance (Prepayment) Documentary Collections Letters of Credit Open Account Combining Methods of Payment Summary Resources Activities Assessment
- Activities undertaken by banks include personal banking, corporate banking, investment banking, private banking, transaction banking, insurance, consumer finance, foreign exchange trading, commodity trading, trading in equities, futures and options trading and money market trading.
Praying for the Banking Industry
Banks offer many different channels to access their banking and other services:
- Branch, in-person banking in a retail location
- Automated teller machine banking adjacent to or remote from the bank
- Bank by mail where banks accept cheque deposits via mail and use mail to communicate to their customers
- Online banking over the Internet to perform multiple types of transactions
- Mobile banking is using one’s mobile phone to conduct banking transactions
- Telephone banking
- Video banking performs banking transactions or professional banking consultations via a remote video and audio connection.
- Relationship manager, mostly for private banking or business banking, who visits customers at their homes or businesses
- Direct Selling Agent, who works for the bank based on a contract, whose main job is to increase the customer base for the bank
We ask you Lord to send your Holy Spirit in all these products in the sphere of Business
- Savings accounts
- Recurring deposit accounts
- Fixed deposit accounts
- Money market accounts
- Certificate of deposit (CD)
- Individual retirement accounts (IRA)
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Mutual funds
- Personal loans
- Time deposits
- ATM cards
- Current accounts
- Cheque books
- Automated Teller Machines (ATM)
- Business (or commercial/investment) banking
- Business loans
- Capital raising (equity / debt / hybrids)
- Revolving credit
- Risk management (foreign exchange (FX)), interest rates, commodities, derivatives)
- Term loans
- Cash management services (lock box, remote deposit capture, merchant processing)
- Credit services
- Matthew 9:37-38 “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. . . Lord of the harvest, therefore send out workers into the harvest field.”
- Proverbs 11:30 “He that wins souls is wise.”
And . . . Proverbs 28:1 “The righteous are as bold as a lion.”
- May your people go forth into their neighbourhoods, workplaces and the marketplace with boldness to evangelize our city and county for your glory.
- Isaiah 43:4-7 You promised that 4 “since [we] are precious and honoured in [your] sight and because [you] love [us], you will give people in exchange for [us].” We need not be afraid for you are with us. 5“Bring [us spiritual] children from the east and gather [them] from the west. 6 [We] say to the north, „Give them up!‟ and to the south, „Do not hold them back.‟ Bring [us spiritual] sons from afar and daughters from the ends of the earth.” Bring to salvation 7 “everyone who is called by [your] name, whom [you] created for [your] glory, whom [you] formed and made.” (NIV)
- John 16:8 Holy Spirit, bring conviction of “sin, righteousness and judgment.” (ESV)
- Proverbs 8:13 & 9:10 Release the fear of the Lord which is the hatred of evil and the beginning of wisdom.
- Isaiah 60:1-3 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the land and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.”
- Matthew 5:13-14 Lord raise up and anoint your church as salt and light, a city set on a hill that cannot be hidden.
- Isaiah 59:19 You have promised that “when the enemy shall come in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him.”
- Matthew 16:18 And that “the gates of hell shall not prevail against” your church. May it be the preservative that safeguards this community and the prevailing factor that turns it to God!
- Deuteronomy 28:1-14 – Blessings for Obedience
- If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:
- You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
- The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.
- Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
- You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.
- The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.
- The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.
- The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in obedience to him. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you. 11 The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.
- The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 14 Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.
Daily Spiritual Exercises
Strengthen your faith – using these Daily Spiritual Exercises are valuable when dealing with issues within your sphere of influence (based on the teaching of Canon Jim Glennon).
Find God within:
- Denial – Rely on God in everything you come across with, pray on this:
Lord let me see what you see in my day. Where did God love me or love through me? I give him thanks, especially for any growth at my personal level or work level.
- Anger – If you received hurt because of any failing in your project or hurt by people at work, pray on this:
Lord, take away my hurt. What am I less thankful for? What do i wish happened differently? Where was I hurt? Whom am I blaming? What am I feeling? When did I most feel like that? What happened if I carry this on my own?
Mathew 11:30 “For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
- Bargaining – Forgiveness, if you feel you need to forgive or receive forgiveness pray on this:
Lord let me forgive like you and be forgiven unconditionally. Do I want to be healed by thinking and feeling as differently as you? As Christ does, I see the pressures of the one who hurt me, his good side, the whole picture, I say remember what Christ said on the cross
Luke 23:34 “Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.’ And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.”
- Depression – why? what happened? ask yourself where does it come from, what is the reason that you are not happy? How can you make a difference for yourself and for people who are working with you. Forgiveness and Repentance are 2 important keys to get rid of depression and bring the light of Christ for your inner peace and for people around you. You are the salt of the earth. Pray this;
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Lord, thank you for this day and thank you for a new chapter in my life, let me be a channel to others in the Marketplace. Use me as you will.
Adopt a Business
(written by Lilian Schmid)
One of Transforming Sydney initiatives is “Adopt a Business“: praying for the Sphere of Business and asking God to raise people to establish prayer cell groups in every Business in Sydney and other cities.
Christians will meet once a week as a prayer cell to pray for the business or organisation where they work; praying for all offices, finances, transactions, equipment, operations, departments and people, starting from the top of the pyramid, to the last one in the business or organisation. Once a regular group is established, the next step is to encourage intercessors from within the company to be trained to use their gifts to pray as internal intercessors.
Jesus said in John 17:18-19: “As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.”
(PS: we also provide healing prayers for businesses, send a email to email@example.com if you are having trouble in your business.)